During the 8th meeting in Cotonou, Benin the African Movement of Working Children and Youth (AMWCY) delegates noted that:
The database is expanding with new groups of children, totalling up to 260,824 members and supporters who are in villages and 196 different locations of 22 African countries.
We the children organized the existing initiatives on basic education, the fight against migration and early child abuse. We are advancing the 12 rights, again and again and sustainably among growing children.
Our Income Generating Activities (IGAs) grow with the opportunities offered by micro-credit associations to their members.
Our courses are developed with a variety of topics at the association.
Our coordinators are structured in line to become interlocutors between the base and the authorities.
In the years ahead to promote the development of children in group based neighbourhoods, villages and cities, the African Movement of Working Children and Youth are committed to:
- Give more vision to our associations with measures of general public communication
- Increase achievement of the 12 rights to a large number of children
- Develop Income Generating Activities (IGA) with more WCY fighting against poverty in our families and communities.
- Ensure participation of children in the national coordination
- Getting involved in local programs and national development efforts with partners and authorities.
Our solidarity has no limit, beyond borders; we will conduct ourselves as one people ... sisters and brothers throughout Africa.
Long live the African child and his rights!