The 48-page brochure (in German) gives an insight into the lives and thinking of working children in different parts of the world. It informs about the different forms of child labour, the legal regulations and political strategies on child labour and the proposals and demands of the working children's movements. Special attention is paid to possible alternatives to the exploitation and discrimination of children and how they can obtain their rights. In addition to numerous quotes from working children, the brochure contains material suggestions and questions which can be used at events and in educational work.
From the cover text:
They do not want to accept having to work under catastrophic conditions. More than 30 years ago, children in Latin America began to organise themselves. Later, similar groups emerged in Africa and Asia. In the meantime there is a world movement of working children and youth. Its aim is not only to improve the living conditions of working children and youth and to achieve education for all. The girls and boys also want their concrete experiences to be valued.
From the content:
- Kinderarbeit – meist alltäglich und wenig spektakulär (S. 2)
- Wie und warum Kinder arbeiten (S. 8)
- Die Kindheit gilt als Schonraum (S. 10)
- Die Bewegungen arbeitender Kinder (S. 12)
- Pressestimmen (S. 19)
- Kinder haben Rechte (S. 24)
- Gut gemeint und doch daneben – die Politik der ILO (S. 27)
- Fünf Stunden schuften für ein Kilo Bohnen (S. 29)
- Schule und Arbeit schließen sich nicht aus – oft im Gegenteil (S. 30)
- Auch in Deutschland arbeiten viele Kinder (S. 33)
- Solidarische Ökonomie: Gemeinsam sind wir stärker (S. 36)
- Die scheinheile Welt des fairen Handels (S. 38)
- Wer ist ProNATs? (S. 40)
- Wer ist die CIR? (S. 41)
- Anregungen für Unterricht und Seminare (S. 42)
- Didaktische Materialien (S. 45)
- Film-Dokumentationen (S. 46)
- Fachbücher (S. 47)
- Nützliche Links im Internet (S. 48)
- Anmerkungen (S. 48)
How the order works:
1) Write an e-mail to info<at>pronats.org with the number of brochures you wish to receive, your name and the delivery address. You can also use our contact form.
2) We will send the brochure incl. invoice with details for the transfer of the contribution towards expenses.
3) After receipt you transfer the total amount to our account within 14 days.
Contribution towards expenses
€ 6.00 per single copy plus € 1.55 postage (Germany) / € 3.70 (Europe) / € 7.20 (World)
Orders of 10 or more copies: € 4.00 per copy plus postage (see terms and conditions below)
Terms and conditions
Prices and shipping costs
The prices quoted include the respective statutory value added tax and do not include shipping costs.
The shipping costs for bulk deliveries are calculated on the basis of postage, the total weight per shipment and the packaging material.
Please note that shipping outside of Europe is only possible by arrangement.
Right of return
You have a right of return within 14 days of receipt of the brochure. The returned brochures must not show any signs of use.
To meet the deadline, it is sufficient to return the brochure in good time.
Please note that we can only deliver the brochure while stocks last.
If you have any questions, please write to us: info<at>pronats.org